Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm Feeling Weak

I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. Keeping this blog a secret from Elaina is tough. I can't tell anyone else for fear of someone letting the cat out of the bag. Plus it's hard to explain why I'm taking pictures of a kabob tray.

Stay strong... I'm staying strong. I think this will be fun for her to read in a year.

We just started our weight loss saga a few weeks ago. Our focus is mainly portion sizes. We looked up weight watchers and started to calculate how much we were eating. I can't believe how unhealthy I eat 90% of the time. Not to mention eating out at least 5 nights a week. We're not talking light salads...we're talking the great ones: Outback, Red Lobster, Chillies.... oh, chillies... I miss your chips and queso.

I'm down 5 lbs in the first week. Up 1/2 pound the second week... I guess my 5 lb celebration dinner wasn't exactly smart. I won't give out Elaina's numbers, but she pretty much kicked my butt on week 2.

Lane is finishing up her first week of overnight shifts at the hospital. These full time overnight shifts suck. I pretty much sleep and wake up by her work schedule. Once you factor in sleeping there isn't a lot of time for anything else. She is working so hard.

A few more weeks of this and she'll be down to her schedule of 3 nights a week. Hopefully normal life will continue. We're celebrating her first 6 day hiatus with a trip to Yellowstone.

No comments: