Sunday, August 12, 2007

Standard Summer Panic Time - August 15th

For some reason (procrastination), around August 15th of EVERY year I get into a total panic about the summer comming to an end. All of the sudden I start to catch up on the mountain biking and fishing that I didn't do all summer, but really meant to do.

Panic pushed me into a mountain biking day at Silver Mountain. Yes I'll admit it. I ride the ski lift up and then mountain bike down the mountain.

First, you ride up in the worlds LONGEST gondola taking you to the top of the mountain:



The ride down will take you through 30-45 minutes of single track heaven. Here are a few shots of the day.... This is why I LOVE living here!










Even a trip through the spooky forest. This is a real comforting sign when you are riding by yourself:





Ok, I'll admit it. I set up the self timer for a few action shots of myself.




After 30-40 minutes of total downhill you end up by the river for a 1/2 mile ride back to the tram for another round of fun.

No comments: