Sunday, October 14, 2007

Speed Racer

Have you ever seen those radar signs the police put up in residential neighborhoods? You know, the ones with a radar gun that tells how fast you are going?

There was a radar sign in front of our house tonight and we put it to various tests.

I really wanted to throw a baseball by it (like on The Rookie). But, A) I didn't have a baseball... B) Even if I had a baseball I didn't really want to chase it down the street.... C) I could have Elaina catch it on the other side, but it was pretty dark and I'm not exactly bullseye thrower.

I hopped on my bike though... 17 MPH on the first try (tires were flat, give me a break). Then I ran. In bare feet (flip-flops weren't having it). The sign flickered from 17MPH to 13MPH. I think I ran 17MPH. Elaina thinks the sign is broken.

No comments: