Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Road Trip Spring 2010 – The Final Chapter

Elaina tried to kill me invited me to participate in the St. George triathlon with her.  In retrospect I probably should have trained more and eaten less in the weeks leading up to the event..  It was a little tougher than I expected.
   CIMG6480

The first two of my 16 laps were a breeze…. and then…..  woah… maybe I started off too fast.  Maybe I shouldn’t have eaten that banana so quickly beforehand.  Maybe I shouldn’t have swallowed a gallon of water.
CIMG6484 CIMG6486

Laine was already on her bike ride when I finished swimming.
CIMG6496

I took my 30 lb mountain bike thinking it’s only 10 miles, a heavy bike shouldn’t be that bad.  My friend Kevin saw this flaw in my logic and let me use his road bike…. thank the lord.  Biking was the hardest part for me even with the road bike!
CIMG6504

Here is elaina barely breaking a sweat on the run.
CIMG6501 

And here is me rounding the finish line looking for the nearest CPR station.
CIMG6515

In the end I was exhausted and burping chlorine and banana, but I'm glad I did it.  Might even do another one.  Elaina came in 4th in her age group missing 3rd (and a metal) by one minute.  She is still ticked about it, but will be motivation when we she does it again next year.
CIMG6522

Thanks to everyone who came to watch.  And thanks Jase and Jane for taking pictures!
CIMG6511

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Bri you make me laugh! Love the pics as always and way to go on the finish line!! XO