Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Haircut and a Sarcastic Gift

Olivia has been cursed with my hair genes.  At first the similarities were minimal.  Having cowlicks in all the places that I do. (Hopefully Elaina can figure out what to do with them… I never could)
But then…..  Flashbacks of my high school mullet hair days were starting to appear before my eyes.  Olivia’s hair seems to grow in the back and not so much on top.  The back of her hair has naturally fanned out in this eagle tail type of formation.   The same look I achieved in high school with a blow dryer and hairspray.  The only thing missing with Olivia is the big white comb sticking out of her back pocket.
So….. off to the Hair Zoo for her first cut. CIMG6288 CIMG6292

This lady has no idea she has been immortalized in a blog FOREVER!
CIMG6297 CIMG6298
CIMG6311

She finally has her first hairdo with pigtails…. which brings me to my next story….
CIMG6323
See the little scooter above?  Precious isn’t it?  It was actually sent by my mother in law …. to me.  Not to Olivia.  To Me.
I had a biking accident last year and ended up on the couch for a few weeks.  I would show pictures but there is blood and bruising… and part of my butt.  Three items we don’t need to see here.
Sandy and Val saw it in their hearts to send a bike that is a little more my speed and that I won’t get hurt on. 
I have tried extremely hard not to trip over it or stab myself with a screwdriver during installation.  And if I did?  I’d never admit it.

No comments: